September 2023 Session Update
So, what happened at this month’s Session meeting? Here are some brief highlights:
- Session has called for a special meeting of the congregation for Sunday, October 8, for the purpose of electing Elders, Deacons and members of the nominating committee. The meeting will follow the 10am service.
- Marian Greuling, Clerk of Session, reported the Session minutes passed the annual review by Presbytery.
- Nick Robison, Director of Youth Ministries, shared information about Ministry Architect’s Renovation team. Session authorized the continuation of the team and the setting of objectives and goals to be reviewed in six months.
- Nick also reported on the results of the survey concerning the new Tuesday evening program which will begin in October.
- Peter Okyere (above) will be commissioned at the next meeting of Presbytery. He will serve as a Commissioned Ruling Elder. He will be serving through WPC. Presbytery meets Tuesday, September 19, from 3:30 – 6pm at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2070 Ridgecliff Drive, Columbus.
- Session adjourned at 9:20pm with prayer.
Posted in Session Update
Scott Whitlock - September 13th, 2023 at 9:08pm
There is no "information about a special meeting of the congregation on Sunday, October 8."
Jen Edse - September 19th, 2023 at 8:50am
Hi Scott, please see wpcnow.org/announcements Look under news and events.